Dog Agility Competition Of Florida
Crating Area Team Challenge
Not every team can place at DACOF but everyone can try to win the Crating Area Team Challenge (CATCH)! So whether or not your team makes the Top 5 at the end of the day on Sunday, everyone has the opportunity to show their winning spirit with DACOF CATCH! We are offering Prizes towards following year DACOF entries for the Winners and Runners-Up (Large and Small Sponsor teams).
A change for 2023 will be that the Judging will occur SATURDAY AFTERNOON during the Annual Meeting/Awards Ceremony. (In previous years, the Judging occurred Sunday morning during the walk-thru’s, which prior Judges did not feel provided enough time to enjoy all the creativity and effort of our Teams.)
The only guidelines we give the Judges are the rules below. They will look for creativity and execution but will ultimately determine amongst themselves exactly how they want to score. If their flight schedules allow, we will ask them to name the winners at Sunday’s ceremony. Otherwise we’ll announce their decision at that time.
Prizes (paid toward following year DACOF entry fees!):
Large Sponsor (15-27 dogs)
Small Sponsor (1 – 14 dogs)
There are only a few rules:
1) Decorations must stay within your assigned crating area.
2) Please no tape on the walls or arena surfaces!
(even the special “Blue Painter’s” tape is NOT allowed!)
3) Cables/wires on the floor must be taped down for safety.
(tape on the floor is allowed for safety – but must be removed when cleaning up!)
4) Be respectful of your neighbors. If you choose to use sound, please play only before
and after the canine competition. (i.e. not while dogs are running!)
5) Food buffets (even cleverly disguised at CATCH Decorations) are not allowed!
(all “outside” food items must be enjoyed “discreetly” or we will lose the privilege
of bringing in outside food items!)
6) If a Team’s decorations include a pop-up tent, regular tent, covering or enclosure, a fire extinguisher must be provided, visible and present at all times!
Good luck and get your creativity on!